Acknowledgement and Consent
By accessing or interacting with the Website, communicating with us, signing up for or using any of our services, purchasing products or services from us or by virtue of your engagement with us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by us as described in this Notice.
We have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated policy and notice on the Website. By browsing the Website, listening, watching, viewing, downloading, purchasing products and services from the Website or by your continuous communication with us as well as engagement in the Website, following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions of this Notice, the English version shall prevail.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to us through the Website or any services related thereto, including via registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
In order to provide our products and services to you, it is necessary for us to process your Personal Data, together with other relevant information such as mobile device identifier or other unique identifier, browser, computer type, access time, the web page you came from, the URL you go to next, the web page(s) that you access during your visit, your interaction with content or advertising on services provided in the Website for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
Sources from which your Personal Data may be obtained
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to us directly, we may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up and completing application or registration forms or any other similar forms via online or otherwise;
- When you register at the Website as a user/subscriber;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From social media platforms’ pages, if you subscribe, follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- From credit reporting agencies;
- When you engage, interact and communicate with us at any events, activities or through social media platforms;
- When you enter/participate contests organised by us ,
- From various entities or divisions under the Company;
- By using the Website or other websites connected to the Website, which includes all websites operated by the Company or its service providers and websites of brands that are owned by the Company (“Websites”). The list of Websites can be found in the Business Directory at http://www.mediaprima.com.my/Default.aspx;
- Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites;
- From our server logs when you log into the Websites, such as details of internet protocol address;
- By purchasing products and services from the Website;
- When you follow, like or be a fan our social media platforms/pages;
- Various entities and divisions under our “HOT FM” brand which already stores your personal information;
- Our server logs when you log into the Websites, such as details of internet protocol address;
- By communicating with us via email or interact with our customer service; or
- From telephone log information when you call us, such as your telephone number.
Purposes of Processing
We may use and process your Personal Data for business, and administrative purposes of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (“the Purpose”):
Where you are our customer or our clients:
- to perform our obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any services or products you have requested;
- to process your purchase or request for advertising space;
- where you have requested materials from the resource centre or library, to process your request, to deliver the materials to you, to provide you a license for the content you wish to use;
- to process your participation in any events and activities including focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys, any productions or events organised by the Company;
- process, manage or verify your order, purchase or booking of our services and products;
- to validate your purchases and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs; and
- to process changes to our services and products.
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider:
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by us in order to engage you;
- to process payments for charges and taxes of the products or services that you have provided to the Company; or
- to contact you or your company.
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- to maintain, improving or enhance the delivery of our customer service;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of investigation, detection, prevention and prosecution of security breaches, crime or fraud;
- for us to comply with its obligations under law; or
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
By using the Websites, our products and services, you agree and consent that we use, process and store your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
We may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from us, our partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by us, our partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst our subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities for the Purpose and to market their products, services, events or promotions;
- To share your name and contact number with our partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you, for the purpose of marketing and promotions;
by way of postage, personal delivery, courier service, e-mail, call or message either through electronic devices or mobile applications, or any other platforms on the internet.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to companies under the Company which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where the Company’s servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, we may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties.
The third parties, service providers or individuals referred to under this Section include (without limitation):
- Delivery agents such as newspaper vendors and newsagents;
- Our partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom we collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- The authorised representatives of the Company;
- Other entities within the Company and its Group of Companies and affiliates;
- The Company’s business or strategic partners;
- Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of the Company’s rights or business;
- Banks and financial institutions; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Withdraw or revoke consent
Please notify us in writing if you wish to withdraw or revoke your consent from our use and process your Personal Data for the Purposes and the Additional Purpose as stipulated herein.
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by us, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
You may submit your complaints, request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
- Designation : General Manager, Regulatory Affairs / Intellectual Property
- Address : Level 2, Balai Berita, Anjung Riong, No. 31 Jalan Riong, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Email : [email protected]
- Telephone Number : 603 2724 8927
- Fax Number : 603 2282 0152
- Operating Hours : 9am – 6pm from Mondays – Fridays (excluding Public Holidays)
We may impose a fee for processing the aforesaid requests.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Personal Information from Minors
A minor (individual under 18 years of age) shall not submit nor provide his/her Personal Data to us. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow any minor (individual under 18 years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to us. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data for the Purposes and/or Additional Purposes set out herein and personally, in your capacity as a parent or legal guardian to such minor, accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
Consent from third parties
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (such as your spouse, family member or friend), by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the necessary consent of the said third party to you providing us with his/her Personal Data for the Purposes and/or Additional Purposes set out herein, and for such Personal Data to be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Links to Third-Party Websites